Popular Posts

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Beacon of Hope

Though I come from a place far beyond the seas, and the landforms,
Though I emerge from a region, parochial or rural,
Though I am of a nation, not yet of age and characteristically toned in dark skin,
Though I be of a country with certain prodigious challenges,
And though I was not conceived into royalty or riches,

I am not moved, neither waved,
My true nature remains unaltered, and my disposition unchanged,
My virtues thrive still, and my character thoroughly tested, remains unaffected by the winds of geographical mobility,
Like a well-seasoned tropical wood, I stand the test of time, serving the purpose for which I'm meant,
And as a carefully planted and well-nurtured plant, I live, surviving mighty winds of life,
Growing from the trouble-filled rains of life, and developing by the painful heat of life's sunlight,

For I am the long-awaited beacon of hope,
The long-desired ray of joy,
The long-prophesied beam of laughter,
The wizard with the charm to impact my generation, and destinies change,
And the mind which shall the long-hidden treasure chest of this age, reveal and unlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment