Popular Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

LETTERS TO A DISTANT QUEEN

Everyday with the break of dawn, I forage through this palace of beauty in search of you,
Hoping that one day our paths shall cross, and my heart will no longer lie in two,
My folks and friends tell me I'll never find you,
'Cos you're not out there,
But I know you are, for you are all my heart can bear,
And with you, my love, I desire to share,
For you are a precious jewel, I'll never leave bare,

Everyday as I sojourn this world of mortality and human fallibility,
I'm amazed at the diversity of beauties I see, so deception becomes a possibility,
My friends and folks tell me to pick one and go on,
But I know there's just one my heart seeks,
And you my queen are that one,
So my soul yearns for the day our hearts shall beat as one...

TO BE CONTINUED
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment