Popular Posts

Sunday, December 5, 2010

THE ROAD

Creeping along, I saw people with whom I couldn't communicate or relate,
I witnessed situations I couldn't fathom, and circumstances that lay beyond my control,
And things, ate I, which with bitterness and sometimes tastelessness, pierced my tender tongue, and roughness against my teeth grind,

Walking on, with ruggedness its nature supported the soles of my feet, and my steps shape, revealing my inner dispositions,
Struggling through, at my face, challenges its winds hurled, and into my eyes, sand blew,
And striving down, mirages I saw, which in my presence disappeared, and the flight of invisibility took, as I drew closer,

And beneath its surface,
My motionless members lay,
Sealed in earth,
Journeying through this latter realm, my mortality I couldn't feel,
And following a transitory meeting, in which before a supreme spirit, I stood,
My soul transcended to the great beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment