Popular Posts

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hope

From the heights and skies fell I,
Crashing with a thud, to the depths and abyss of a painful plight,
My glory turned to groaning,
Traumatized I became,
With the embittering woes of my foes,
With the perpetual jeers and sneers of my peers,
I became disgruntled;

With emotions twisted,
Like a drowning man felt I,
In the ocean of a mind made war-torn and embattled by the intricacies of an obfuscating and frustrating ordeal;

With heart in palpitation and spirit in devastation,
Trembling with the fear of the uncertainty of this precarious moment,
My soul yearned for hope,
Battered by the sudden blow of adversity, prosperity became history;

Then suddenly with my last string ready to snap,
I beheld a ray as from the heavens,
Sparking up a glow in my soul,
Like the break of dawn that precedes the darkest night,
I felt an upsurge of hope welling up on my inside;

My ray of hope has appeared,
Then rose I, with the strength of a lion and the readiness of an eagle,
To the heights and skies I must return, to take back my glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment