Popular Posts

Monday, November 29, 2010

IF I COULD RUN AWAY!

The world in which we live is filled with much struggle,
With each passing day these struggles seem to double,
Trials on every side, my heart is sometimes filled with sorrow,
Grey clouds in the sky, bleakness fills tomorrow,
Sometimes your best doesn't seem enough,
And no matter how much you try, life remains tough,
In the midst of all these, I wish I could run away,
I wish I could fly away,
To a place where the skies are always blue,
To a place where I'll always glow,
A place where the grass is always green,
And the air is always clean,

Baby, we live in a world where love has gradually become a crime,
A world where deception and lust is at its prime,
To the hate and jealousy of this world, have I become allergic,
The envy and acrimony in this world, have become lethargic,
To our love life,
I remember when I said I wanted to make you my wife,
The world said you wasn't my type,
That your life was a mere hype,
They even said I was wasting my time,
That I should get you off my mind,
The world said we didn't belong together,
They said we won't last forever,
But look at us now, our love so strong has not be broken,
On a unique love-path, we walk, which before has not been trodden,

Honey, if I could fly away,
If I could run away,
To a place where the sky is always bright,
To a place where opposition is out of sight,
A place where the grass is always green,
And the air is always clean,
Baby, I will, with you by my side,
I will, with you behind,
On my back-I'll be your carrier,
And through the flight will be your bearer,
And together we shall soar to a better place,
Where we would have our own space,
Sweetie, indeed if I could run away and fly away,
I will, with you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment