Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WHAT MATTERS MOST...

So sharp like I'm blade, popping in my shades, clothes so "designers", looking very nice,
Living very large, my mansion on a 16-acre expanse, cruising in my Porsche, my life sweeter than sugar and spice,
A money hero, writing checks with a whole lot of zeros,
Money so "many", I have it many, this is not funny, like the capital of money, I conquered poverty like Cairo,
But in the midst of all of these, I ask, "Are these really What Matter Most?"
Or is there more to life than these?

For I rather be the hope of the helpless babies,
Than the titillation of desperate ladies,
So, I ask again, "What Matters Most?",
To expend money selfishly on myself, looking like I'm straight from GQ magazine,
While others roam the streets with nothing to eat, not even a dime?
To rule a the top, not considering those at the bottom, basking in the fame and power I now possess,
Forgetting where I once was, while others gifted and talented like myself , waste away without a chance to show their prowess,
I want to be on radio,
Ruling the airwaves, like a king of the stereo,
Yes, I want to be on T.V,
Own my own show like Mrs. Winfrey,
I want to be a media mogul,
Be the people's idol,
So I work very hard, never staying idle,
But then I pause to ask, "is that What Matters Most?"
Or is there more to life than these?

Would I exchange my soul for wealth,
Living life without a single thought of death?
Would I exchange high ratings for bad and degrading content,
Would I tell the people what they want to hear and not what they need to hear, with intent?
Would I fold my arms and watch many die unfulfilled without realizing their full potentials, ever?
Would I rock designer shoes, while many walk bare-footed in the hot, scorching sun of the summer?
And yet I say, "I'm living the dream"
Would I live in a mansion, totally indifferent to the others plight,
While many lie out in the cold of the winter, with no shelter in sight?

Really, What is it that Matters Most to You?
The fame, the wealth, the accolade, and the acquaintance of a powerful crew,
For I realize that when we are faced with death,
Our lives hanging on a thread, we are almost out of breath,
Then all the things on which we lay utmost importance, become irrelevant,
All the materialism unto which we hold with tenacity, becomes insignificant,
All we become concerned about is our soul,
To make it alive becomes our only goal,
It tells me that above all the fading materialism of this world and the vanity of our mortality,
Is our soul, our final destination and eternity,
So, I ask; when the curtain is drawn, and your work here is done,
And you appear before the almighty, what shall be your story; What Really Matters Most to You?

No comments:

Post a Comment