Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FROM A DISTANCE II

...So what more do I need,
Unto my inner voice I heed,
So unto this pretty maiden I walked,
To her with excitement I talked,
We embarked on this journey of love,
With the one I thought was sent me from above,
'Cause from a distance,
She seemed like the best companion for my lonely circumstance,

But now I realize that her beauty was only superficial,
Her glow and sparkle was only artificial,
That which she possessed was only ephemeral,
For deep within her being,
Etched within the fiber of her being,
Was a certain ugliness,
A certain bitterness,
And a certain sadness,
And now I regret ever inviting her into my life,
But I'm grateful I didn't make her my wife,
'Cause from a distance,
I was sure her beauty had substance,
But now I know that beyond outward beauty,
Lies a beauty which exists within one's entity,
A beauty of character and personality,
A beauty with class and dignity,
Not a beauty pivoted on artificiality,
So be mindful of she who looks beautiful from a distance,
'Cause her beauty may drain you of your life's substance,
Search for the beauty that lies within a woman.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment