Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

HOME CALL

He was young and ambitious,
Like a man with a vision,
I still recall he was headed for L.A,
Like a man on a mission,
When it all happened,
All I can remember was the grimace on his face,
At the hospital, as he asked me to pray for him,
I wasn't even done praying,
Before he gave up the ghost,
It all felt like a dream, but it wasn't,
Everything happened so fast,
Home Call, my homey was gone!

She was daddy's little girl,
Mommy's little angel,
I still remember her 18th birthday,
We talked about how she would be going to college,
There she said she would be free of every restriction to "live" her life,
But when it happened, I couldn't believe my ears,
I was home with my family, when I got the call,
It was spring break and she was riding with the girls, 
The driver was reported to have been drunk, they were all drunk,
50 miles per hour on a 25 mile road, somewhere around college,
Two years after she left for college, she was only twenty,
But Home Call was the reality, my young niece was gone!

I could go on and on, but it will mean more grief for me,
Each time it crosses my heart, I can't help but think,
"When shall my Home Call be?", "Are my ready to meet my lord?"
I know it shall come one day, but that day is still unknown,
So in the midst of a busy and crazy world, I stop to reflect,
On my life in the past 21 years, how have I lived it,
We all celebrate birth dates but no one ever celebrates death dates,
But we must understand that our mandates begin with our birth dates,
The fulfillment of which defines our death dates,
So before I hear that knock on the door,
Before death comes to take me away,
Before my Home Call comes,
I pray and strive to live to the glory of my lord,
Each and everyday, that I may depart this worthless world in peace!
How prepared are you for your Home Call?
Remember, no man knows when his Home Call shall come,
So live each day like it's your last, and live it with God in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment