Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

LOVED ANYWAY

Sometimes I reflect on my past,
Where the lord has brought me from,
His plentiful mercies in my life, His everlasting love,
His grace and hands upon my life,
Then I realize that I'm undeserving of His love and mercy,
But I also realize that regardless of my many inadequacies,
I was loved anyway,

And that message of love is what I bring your way today,
Don't know what somebody has told you,
About how you wouldn't amount to anything,
About how you are nothing but a piece of trash,
Don't know what your past is and how many times,
You have sinned against the almighty, 
Don't know why you keep living in self-pity,
Thinking you're not worth anything,
But regardless of your situation, no matter how bad it is,
I've come to announce to you sir, madam, young man, young woman,
That you are loved anyway,

May be the reverse is the case for you,
May be some guy has told you young girl,
That you're beautiful and that he loves you,
He has also bought you some nice things,
To prove his love for you or the lack of it,
And right now you feel like you owe him your body,
As a way of saying, "thank you,"
Well, first of all, love that is built on physical pleasure is no true love,
Stop trying to find your worth in a man who intends to use and abuse you,
Return to the one who loves you anyway, 
The one whose arms are ever open to receive you,
Regardless of how many times you have despised Him,
The one who gave it all up for you on that old rugged cross,
The one who loved you enough to offer you an inheritance in His father's kingdom,
The one who loved you in spite of you,
Jesus is calling you today,
Please don't refuse His precious, true, real and divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment