Popular Posts

Monday, November 22, 2010

GRASS TO GRACE, A NOVEL(PART TWO OF CHAPTER SEVEN)

CHAPTER SEVEN (PART TWO)
ROBBERY IN THE STATE
   That night, Kunle was admitted in a general hospital where he received medical attention. Two days later, a member of Kunle's gang went to inform Bisi and Abayomi of the recent development. The two came visiting as soon as they heard the news.
     "I am terribly sorry for all I made you go through" Kunle said sorrowfully with tears running down his cheeks, as he apologized to his friend.
     "I had joined a gang and we had planned to rob Mr. Frank Nelson's house the night we had a slight misunderstanding. It was in the scene of the robbery that I got shot in my arm. I've also been addicted to some narcotic drugs and have since been living a wayward life. Abayomi please find it in your heart to forgive me for all the pains and discomfort I made you go through. I regret neglecting my parent's advice. Bisi here had begun living a promiscuous life, just to earn some money. That accounts for her frequent late nights."
Just then tears rolled down Bisi's cheeks as she knelt before Abayomi, feeling sorry too.
  "It's okay, Bisi, you don't have to kneel before me. Come on, stop crying. I've forgiven you all. All you should be concerned with now Kunle is how to get well and start all over again."
Abayomi replied sobbing. It was a happy reunion for three friends as they both held each other's hands and wept joyfully. A sudden air of silence filled the hospital room, but was interrupted by intermittent sniffs from the sobbing friends.

FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment