Popular Posts

Monday, November 22, 2010

I GAVE IT UP TOO SOON

Still remember that day you stepped out in a red silky gown,
Your skin glistened in the sun's heat, your ebony hair sparkled so brightly, I thought you wore a crown,
From a distance the purity of your beauty showed,
From a distance, its essence glowed,
Your smile so radiant, was invigorating,
Your sway so sinuous, was titillating,
I was swept off by the uniqueness of your personality,
And was blinded by the essence of your beauty,
No doubt, you were the right one,
So without hesitation, I poured out my heart,
But as it turned out, I gave it up too soon, for you tore it apart,

I couldn't get you off my mind,
It was almost impossible to put you behind,
You were the constant subject of my dreams,
The mere thought of you, made me let out a beam,
Obviously, I was obsessed,
Clearly, I was possessed,
But you were a perfect creature,
With a perfect character, and perfect features,
You were not just a woman, but also a wife,
Factually, it was your type I needed in my life,
You were very nice and sweet,
You listened when I talked, showed me some love, from harms way, you kept my feet,
The only problem was, you were not mine,
You were destined for another, another's soulmate, not mine,
So when the time came, we parted,
And our little friendship was ended,
Now, I am heart-broken, sore and torn,
For out of my heart sorrow's been born,
As it is now clear, I gave up my love too soon,
For you are now gone, never to return.

But I still miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment