Popular Posts

Monday, November 15, 2010

THE VOW

Living in a world so mentally depraved,
So socially perverse and morally degraded,
A world drenched in debauchery and promiscuity,
There rumbles within me, a pressure-
A pressure to compromise and join the lot,

As I sit on the balcony each day,
Beholding the sight of ravishing maidens,
Swaying their beckoning waists from left to right,
Coupled with varying anecdotes of sexual experiences from my peers,
Like the only odd one among the lot, I felt,
Ergo the temptation to the adventurous swim through the sea of femininity and loose my virginity,
Approached its acme,

However, as I ponder over the possibility of loosing my divinely-chosen spouse,
By this seemingly pleasurable, but illicit and sinful act,
The chances of pregnancy,
And the likelihood of an epidemic,
I am reminded of the vow and its rewards,
Yes the vow, the covenant, the oath,
It's a vow of chastity and abstinence,
A covenant of consecration, and commitment to morality,
It's an oath of discipline and patience for my God-ordained soul mate,
And the rewards of peace and longevity...

TO BE CONTINUED...
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment