Popular Posts

Monday, November 15, 2010

WASTED YEARS

With a silver spoon in my mouth I was born,
Unto an affluent family I was delivered,
Out of a wealthy lineage I emerged,
And from birth an heir to a powerful kingdom, I was-
Destined to live as royalty,

Round the world I toured,
All the pomp and circumstance, and pageantry attended;
In all the pomp typical of them,
In excessive riches I wallowed,
Along the corridors of royalty and power lived,
And within the domains of luxury ruled;
Having the prettiest of maidens attend to all my bodily needs every night,

So far away I was from the dungeons of poverty,
Distant I lived from the valley of impoverishment,
Far above I was exalted from the gutters of penury,
Between the proletariat and me, a great discrepancy existed,
And separating me from the commoners, was a huge demarcation...

TO BE CONTINUED
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment