Popular Posts

Saturday, November 6, 2010

WHEN LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH!

They say love conquers all,
And with it, one needs fear no fall,
They say true beauty heeds the call of love,
Especially when that love is sent from above,
They say true love is all you need;
In the presence of which every discord must recede,
But when I met you,
I realize the obverse was true,
For though I loved you with my being,
You sought for something beyond mere love, within my being;
A purity of spirit and a truth of character,
One that will not be altered, no matter the weather,
You sought for something beyond mere passion, within my personality;
A uniqueness of soul, and a sanctity of entity,
You needed a man who is humble enough to say "I love you",
But who is not too proud to change for the one he loves, too,
So it didn't take long for me to realize that with you,
Mere love is not enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment