Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FOREVER YOUNG!

As I meditate on the life we live,
In a world of continuous metamorphosis, I realize that above all, we have only one thing to give,
Not a gift of wealth, a present of riches, neither is it a token of material abundance,
But the gift of our legacy, a present of our dreams, and a token of our presence,
So, I realized that it is not so much of where I'm from, but where I'm going,
It is not such of the wealth or houses I built, but the lives I am building,
So I dared to dream,
I dared to be a beam,
Of hope, and purpose, with a mission,
To centuries, and unborn generations,
So when the curtain is drawn,
And the veil of history is torn,
I'll be alive, Forever Young, on the hearts of the souls I touched,

For when the curtain is drawn,
And our lives on this realm is done,
When the mortal souls of men transcend into eternity,
I'll be alive,  for I defied mortality,
My name imprinted on the hearts,
Of generations yet unborn, and my memory attached to spirits cannot be torn apart,
For when darkness closes on the names, histories, biographies, and dreams of many,
Within the chambers of the grave, as they lie lifeless,
I'll be alive, nonetheless,
Walking and strolling through the minds of men, and cruising along the waterways of their souls,
And within their lives and world, my life shall live a hole,
A hole that cannot be filled by another, making them whole,
As they reminisce on the life I lived,
And cogitate on the deeds I did,

So, Forever Young I shall remain,
My name being passed down from one generation to the next,
Forever Young, I shall be sustained,
By the dreams I built, and lives I blessed,
Forever Young, I shall be preserved,
On the hearts, minds and lives of the son's of men,
Across the seas, and across the mountains, to the four corners of the earth,
I shall exist and continue through the sands of time,
Living, Forever Young!

No comments:

Post a Comment