Popular Posts

Thursday, January 27, 2011

IF CUPID WAS THE JUDGE...

The world was never in support of our union,
There were the prejudices, the criticisms, the skepticism, and then religion,
Family deserted us and left us alone,
Even close friends wouldn't accept us, their hearts hard as stone,
We were treated like outcasts, and what was our crime? Being in love,
But in the midst of all these I was sure, we were together for a reason, and our love was from above,
So I held unto you,
But as I reminisced about these events in our lives, and all that has happened between me and you,
I thought within myself; if we were summoned to the Love Court, and Cupid was the judge,
I believe his verdict would have been "guilty", for we were both guilty of only one crime, the crime of true love,
 But we would have been discharged and acquitted, or may be sentenced to life in "lovement"
I guess only Cupid would have understood,

Baby, we live in a world where the free flow of love has been stifled by the cruel and cold hands of discrimination,
We live in a universe where the freedom of true love has been stolen by the criminal and corrupt arms of segregation,
The society pretends it doesn't care, but when the force of love transcends the borders of religion and race to unite two people,
It jumps on them, and tries to tear and pull down the walls of their love, jeopardize and bastardize the state of their union, to make it cripple,
But if Cupid was the judge, I know he would have sentenced us to a world of lovers,
For committing the crime of love, a world where true lovers abide forever, together,
A world where we are free to fall in love and love one another,
So, I guess only Cupid would understand,

For if Cupid was the judge, our race and religion wouldn't matter,
If Cupid was the judge our nationalities wouldn't hold any water,
If Cupid was the judge our differences wouldn't matter, and our love wouldn't suffer,
Really if Cupid was the judge it wouldn't matter if you were black and I was white,
If Cupid was the judge it wouldn't matter if you were Anglican and I was Presbyterian, right?
So, I guess only Cupid would understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment