Popular Posts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

NOT YOUR BODY, BUT YOUR HEART

Baby, countless words on my mind to describe the beauty you possess,
So with the lyrics I write, the words I pen, the notes I sing, it's you I want to address,
By your beauty I'm so beclouded, it titillates me,
By your appearance I am so captivated, it excites me,
But baby as much as I love the beauty that is you,
As much as I desire you,
Your heart is my only goal,
To possess it, protect it, and never leave within it a hole,
Baby truly speaking above all,
It's not your body, but your heart,

I understand that your heart has been broken by those you love,
I understand that your spirit has been shaken by those you thought were sent from above,
So, baby here I am a messenger of love, here to stay with you to the end,
To always be by you and help you go through, like a true friend,
To love you, cherish you, adore you, honor you and respect you,
Through the good times and bad times, through the sun and the storm to be with you,
To take  your heart and keep it in a safe place beyond the reach of pain and hurt,
To take your love and place it deep inside my soul beyond the reach of sorrow and discomfort,
For I am not after the pleasure in your sexuality,
Neither am I after the superficiality of your beauty,
For when it comes down to it, I am really about your heart, not your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment