Popular Posts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP

As I write the this poem, I am reminded of the famous line that says, "this world is not my home",
So I'm a sojourner with a destination-a place far beyond the skies, not known to man; a place called home,
But right here in this world of carnality,
Within this realm of mortality,
I experience troubles on every side,
Sometimes it feels so hard fighting the tide,
I even loose my mind,
But I am not discouraged ,
I'm only encouraged,
I am not perplexed,
I am only impressed,
For I know that when the Roll is Called up Yonder,
And my lord appears in His glory, I shall become better and transcend higher,
For on that day I shall rise, as I come into a new dawn,
When the curtain is drawn and my work here is done,
I shall appear before the almighty,
To be with Him for eternity,
This is my glorious hope,
The reason I'm able to persevere and cope,
In the midst of life's many troubles,
And man's many struggles.
So hold on, for our home is far beyond the skies.

Copyright Lysious 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment