Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

BEYOND RHYTHM AND RHYMES II

These words that I write,
I pray will bring someone to the light,
These rhymes that I compose,
I pray will reveal to someone, their purpose,
For these words that I write are beyond mere Rhythm and Rhymes,

For if I write to titillate the sense of my little audience,
If I write to bask and glory in their presence,
If I write to appeal to their senses,
Write what they want to hear, and not what they need to hear,
Of what use shall it be to me?

So I write for that lonely brother who feels deserted, and abandoned,
I write for that sister who feels lonely and undone,
That they may find comfort and solace,
That their inner-joy will resurface,

I write in the hopes that the broken,
The shaken,
The ridden,
The used,
The abused,
The depressed, the dejected,
The frsutrated and the degraded,
Will find comfort in these words,
That these words will lead them to the true word,
The one and only, who was, who is and is to come,
He's name is Jesus!
Because after all is said and done,
I understand that my Rhythm and Rhymes cannot save,
Except they lead to the super-star (JESUS), who gave,
His life that we may live.

No comments:

Post a Comment