Popular Posts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

ME, MYSELF AND I

As I journey through this life,
Constantly seeking the meaning of life,
Constantly pondering the relationship between humans and a loving God,
Whether there is  more to life than the vanities of this world,
I am sometimes torn in between the desire for wealth, fortune and fame,
And a desire to live for my maker and rely on His unfailing name,

So I sometimes feel that I can make it all by myself,
I occasionally think I am the captain of this ship, all by myself,
But in the midst of my "know-how", and intelligence,
In the midst of my skill, talent, gifts and substance,
And inspite of the seemingly reliable foundations on which I sometimes build my substance,
I have come to realize that all alone, with Me, Myself and I,
My best projects are like building castles in the sky,
My best works are nothing in their best,
So my self-confidence needs to be re-addressed,

'Cos all alone, with Me, Myself and I,
I am very infinitismal and insignificant,
With Me, Myself and I,
I am a like vessel left adrift on the open sea, so empty and vacant,
With Me, Myself and I,
I cannot make it,
So on this journey of life, when the flood lights of trouble are lit,
When my life's vehicle are skidding of the road of faith,
I take my hands off and let JESUS take the wheels of my life and faith,
Because with Me, Myself and I,
I am worthless,
But with Him in whom I live, move and have my being,
I am worth so much more, not less,
So I guess all I am saying is:
I have learnt to take the background and let JESUS take the lead.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment