Popular Posts

Thursday, June 16, 2011

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME

I can hear the crowd screaming my name,
I see the media spreading my fame,
The lights are on me,
The press is on me,
I'm the subject of their attention,
An object of their obsession,
But in the midst of all these,
After all is said and done, after all these,
I realize that it's not about me,
The focus shouldn't be me,
So I go on my knees,
Sometimes I lay on my belly, asking the lord to please,
Help me to remain humble,
Sometimes I feel it is a struggle,

These words that I write,
These poems that I write,
The songs that I sing,
The lyrics I let ring,
These books that I write,
It's not so that I can be in the spotlight,
It's not about infinitesimal me,
It's not about insignificant me,
So lord I pray that when I'm on those stages,
I will reduce that you be increased, 'cause you are the rock of ages,
And I can't rock no stages without the rock of ages,
So please lord help me to take the background,
You take the lead, while I remain in the background,

Please lord let the people feel you not me,
Let them see your love not mine,
Let them hear your words not mine,
Through everything I do in this crazy world,
I want to bring glory to your name oh lord,
So please help me,
For it is about the hopeless,
That they may find hope in you,
It's not about me,
It's about the "love-less",
That they may find true love in you,
It's about the dejected and the rejected,
That they may find acceptance in you,
It's not about me,
It's about the fatherless, the motherless and the homeless,
That they may find care, love and comfort in you,
So after all is said and done,
I realize that it is about the Alpha and the Omega,
That glory and honor may be His forever,
So that a helpless and needy world may find a savior,
So amidst the attention, I realize that it is not about me, but you, my savior.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment