Popular Posts

Sunday, September 18, 2011

SATISFIED YET? TRUE SATISFACTION

This has been the question on my heart,
As I continuously meditate on where my satisfaction lies,
And time and time again, I realize,
That even if I had it all, I still will not be satisfied,
For sometimes I feel as though there lies a void within me, which I try to fill with material things,
Even when I know that vanity upon vanity is all vanity, I still chase that vanity,
Even when I know that this world is not my home, I'm just passing by, I still make myself feel at home,
For after all is said and done, I realize that it's only when I draw close to God, seek His will and not mine,
Live for Him and not myself, please Him and not others; it's then and only then that I become truly satisfied!
Here is a food for thought: Where does your satisfaction lie? Isn't in money, fame, sex, pleasure, materialism?
Take a moment and think about what really satisfies you and if you find out it's not God, you are bound to continually feel empty for the rest of your life, 'cause nothing can take the place of God in your life.
Satisfied yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment