Popular Posts

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'M A PROUD BLACK GIRL II

Yes, I'll say it again; I'm a proud black girl,
Proud of my ethnicity,
Proud of my beauty;
When I step out, the glow of my ebony skin in the blaze of the sun,
and the brightness of the moon, becomes the object of people's attention,
The sway of my hips, and the ride of my breasts, become their obsession,
And when I start to walk, the confidence in my strides and the certainty in my feet,
become the subect of their discussion,
Empowered by my skin's uniqueness,
And driven by its blackness,
I was the preferred in a gathering of many considered,
And I really don't care what people say about me,
What I'll be, I'll be,
I'm a very proud black girl, and that I'll remain till my dying day!

I'm a proud black girl,
Protective of my sexuality,
Proud of my femininity,
In case you don't know, I'm not a mere object of sex appeal,
Neither an object of gratification to be used and then repealed,
But every man's desire with whom they are appealed,
Empowered by my vision, I shoot for the skies and the stars,
And driven by my mission, I never stop raising the bars,
I'm the prettiest among many beauties,
And I don't care what people say about me,
What I'll be, I'll be,
I'm a proud black girl, and that I'll be till my dying day!

No comments:

Post a Comment