Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SEPARATED BY TIME

You call me "brother", but you don't bother if I prosper or suffer,
We shared a common history and a common story, but now you've turned indiffernt to my misery, while you prosper,
Our bond you disintegrated, our history ignored and our brotherhood scattered,
You let the hands of time steal your conscience, and allowed the system to define you personality;
So while you're served in a gold-platter, I waste away in the gutter, and you're not bothered!
Remember the days when we battled the hands of oppression and resisted the claws of brutality, together,
Remember those nights when we stuck together through the cold of discrimination and the frigidity of alienation, I thought our brotherhood was forever,
But you let the waters of chronos and the streams of chronology erode our brotherhood,
And now you even seek to use me, cruise at the heights , while I rot in the hood,
You fight for yourself, work for yourself and live for yourself; so while you reign on the throne,
I struggle by myself, wallow in pain all alone, on my own,,
You even fight against me, and point a gun to my face,
You would kill me and let another take my place,
But I ask, Oh brother! Where has the love gone,
And to what land has the bond flown,
Have we been separated by time?
Why do we fight ourselves, and kill ourselves?
Why do we waste our destinies and whisk off our future,
I know this hate that now grows on our inside was not in our nature,
So please let us fuse the separation of time,
And bury the discord that now exists in its prime,
For time will always come and go,
But our people, our history, our story and our race will remain forever!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment