Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THIS THANKSGIVING

As I gather around this table of sumptuous meals-turkey and sweet potato pie,
Surrounded by loving friends and family, I am grateful for the years that have gone bye,
The clutter of ceramics and the clinking of glasses, the radiance of smiles, and the burst of laughter,
Makes me look with joy to the future, as I anticipate our lives together,
For through the thick and thin, we have made it through, bound by unity,
And through the stormy waters, we have sailed through, ending in pacificity,
But in the midst of all these, I'm reminded of why I'm mostly grateful,
I am reminded of why my life has been mostly fruitful,
You!

As the family gathers to pray, eyes shut and hands joined together,
I am reminded of how we, as a family have survived every weather,
When grandma died, and grandpa passed on,
We were there for each other, we remained as one,
When the seed of discord threatened,
By love, perserverance and prayer we were strengthened,
But in the midst of all these, I can't help but notice your beautiful figure before me,
Standing across the table in front of me,
And now I know the reason this has been the best thanksgiving ever-You!

No comments:

Post a Comment