Popular Posts

Sunday, November 21, 2010

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? II

From the first instance, I made my intentions clear-to be more than just a friend,
I didn't mince words when I looked you in the eyes and told you, "marry me!",
I made it clear I wanted to be with you till the end,
But you laughed me to scorn, and said our lives together, you just couldn't see,
So girl, please tell me what more do you want?

In spring's prime I sent you beautiful hand-picked flowers,
But you said they weren't your type,
I bought you pearls and precious perfumes, and rained gifts on you in showers,
Baby, I even gave you diamond and gold, you accepted it, but called it a mere hype,
So tell me, what really do you want?

I was ready to give up everything for you,
I was ready to make you my own,
And your silence and indifference, was the reason my heart lay in two,
But I was prepared to place you on a throne,
But you turned around and gave your love to another,
So now I know you heart was with another,
And now I realize what you really wanted-not me but another.

No comments:

Post a Comment