Popular Posts

Sunday, November 21, 2010

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

From the first instance, I was sure you were the one,
There was something within me, and something about you that told me, it was you,
I was certain with you my loneliness would be gone,
Your beauty was so impacting I couldn't stop thinking of you,

So after many days of watching you sway rhythmically and sinuously past me,
I finally found the guts to tell you, I love you,
You said I was being too hasty, and so you acted like mere friendship was what it was meant to be,
But even our friendship felt like enmity, and I know you can see that too,
And so I ask, what more do you want from me to know that I love you?

I extended my hands for a hug,
But you gave me a handshake,
I said I loved you but you replied with a shrug,
I sent words of affection, but you said they were fake,
Baby, what more do you want me to do to show you my love is real?

No comments:

Post a Comment