Popular Posts

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I LOOK TO THE CROSS

Sometimes in this misleading, deceptive, vain and turbulent world,
I'm caught in between pleasing you and the world,
Sometimes lord, I let my lack of change lead me to a change,
A change in my faith, a change in my attitude to your word,
So I complain, worry and forget the assurance of your word,

In the midst of a fast-paced society,
A world filled with so many practices, in its entirety,
A world where it is easy to get caught up in the mix and chase vanity,
A world where it is easy to think my life is all about me, me, me, only,
Sometimes even the challenges of my life push me to the ground,
Sometimes I fall, in a moment I let go off my faith, and follow the crowd,
But then when I find myself caught in between you and the world,
Where to turn to, my world or your word,
When confusion, frustration, and discouragement sets in,
I look to the cross,
For then I am reminded of why I'm here,
And the price that was paid for me to be standing right here,
Saved, delivered, forgiven, restored and changed,
I'm reminded of the blood that was shed for me,
I'm reminded of the fact that my strength can only come from Christ,
I'm reminded that my home and place of final abode, is beyond the sky-in heaven,
So I look to the cross, and then I take up my own cross and follow hard after my savior.
For if the cross doesn't move me, then I'm better dead than alive,
Lord please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment