Popular Posts

Thursday, September 22, 2011

SOME DAY, SOME WHERE

As I drove home from work today,
Listening to a song on my way,
The reality of this life saturated my mind,
As I reflected on the life we live,
As I thought about working nine to five,
Daily living, daily hustling, daily striving,
To make ends meet, to make a living,
And then a question came to my heart,
Is it possible for there to be complete rest?
And the answer came right back to me,
Yes, it is possible, but not in this world,
Then the words of this poem were vaguely formed in my heart,
And today, as I write, I pray they shall be clearly formed in your mind,

For someday, somewhere,
In a place beyond the sky,
A place void of all the sufferings,
A place void of all the "toilings",
We shall all be at home with out maker,
Someday, somewhere,
When the stars shall cease to shine,
When the sun shall no longer give its light,
When life as we know it shall be changed forever,
We shall be at home with our savior,
Someday, somewhere,
In a place where there is no night, but only day,
In a city beyond the sky, no yet known to man,
In a country whose builder and maker is Jehovah,
In a universe where the streets are covered in gold,
A place, a city, a country, a universe, and a world called beautiful,
We shall be at rest, at home, in heaven with our father,
So don't be discouraged, for our lord Jesus Christ,
Is coming back for us like He promised,
And yes, in His father's house, our father's house-heaven,
Are many mansions which He has prepared for us,
So hold on, for your home, you true and final home, is beyond the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment