Popular Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

IDOLS IN OUR HEART II

He(she) is the biggest star on the planet,
He(she) has a huge bank account, he rolls in money,
The flash, the cash, the endorsements, the fame. the fortune, he(she) has it all; lives life on a fast lane,
And he(she) looks good too; but problem is, he doesn't care about me, who I am or whether I live or die,
He(she) only cares if I listen to his(her) music, if I'm a fan, he(she) is all about his(her) money, the increase of his(her) fame and fortune,
Yet he(she) is the one I adore, the one I listen to, even when I know he's(she's) on a wrong path and his(her) views are twisted,
So I have exalted him(her) above everything else-
Idols in my heart,


Such is the generation we live in,
Where we have exalted idols in our heart above,
The God who cares for us and gave His only begotten in love,
We chase after the lies, the fallacies, the vanities, the emptiness,
The fashion, the fame, the pop culture, the" in- vogues", and all that is of negligible significance,
We run from the truth, the word; that which tells us to quit evil and unrighteousness,
To love God and hate sin, has suddenly become that which ticks and pricks our ears, making us uncomfortable,
So we call Christians conservatives, uptight folks and the likes, we say things like "I'm not really into God and religion",
Not that we don't know the truth, but we have chosen to ignore it and believe the lie,
Idols in our heart,
May God help us change our ways, may the scales fall off our eyes that we see clearly the deception that we now live and accept as the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment