Popular Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

ME ALONE

If I was the king of my castle,
The ruler of my domain, 
The master of my house,
If I was the boss, the head of my cartel, the point one man in this jungle,
I wouldn't think of anybody else, I would cruise, ride, live, dine and wine solo,
I would live unto nobody, as though there was no one else; in my own world, population one,
If it was me alone,

May be I wouldn't think about my next door neighbor,
May be I wouldn't bother about what she was crying for,
Last night when I came back from my party, in my honor,
If it was me alone,
May be I wouldn't care for the sick, lend a helping hand to those who need it,
Be a bridge of hope to the helpless, and even pay attention to the hurt of the hurting,
If it was me alone,
I would live in my mansion, sip my fine wine, cruise in my luxury cars, live like the whole world is on my shoulders,
Relax by the pool, stare from the top of my balcony, the whole world before me, 
If it was me alone,

But then I realize that, it's really not about me alone,
There is one who is seated on a heavenly throne,
One to whom I must give account of my life,
I realize that God is constantly watching from an invisible distance,
Hence, I must live to bring His name glory,
I must live to tell His story, spread His love to a world that needs it,
I must let go off my comfort and luxury, so that I can be of service to those who need it,
I must get off my high horse, humble myself and submit to the will of the almighty,
I must care because He cares,
I must give because He gave,
I must humble myself because He humbled himself and gave up His life for me,
I must live not to myself, but to the glory of the one who made me,
'Cause after all is said and done, I realize that it's not just about me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment