Popular Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

IDOLS IN OUR HEART

They are the stars we adore,
The celebrities we scream for,
The cars we desire,
The flash and cash we crave,
The vanities and the emptiness we chase after,
They are the things we exalt above the one who has created all,
Idols in our heart,

We live in a generation filled with so many teachers,
In a world saturated with so many different ways,
Our society is constantly jostled by varying opinions of what is right or wrong,
So we turn to the T.V set, turn on the radio, pop in the latest album everyone is talking about,
And we listen with rapt attention, with desire, with adoration of the artists, of the actors, of their songs, and of their lifestyles,
So my generation have suddenly become clones, lacking a mind of their own,
If my favorite star says it's right, then I accept it without thinking about it,
Well, how do you expect me to have a mind of my own when I don't even know what I believe or don't believe or what philosophies I live by,
I don't have any standards at all, no values, so I go with everything that comes, I believe and accept everything,
Idols in my heart...
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment