Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

CAN LOVE GROW STALE? II

As I sat on this warm wooden bench all by myself in the park,
I saw what turned out to be an unpleasant scenario;
Two lovers cuddled up against each other on a pew, kissing,
When on her lover, the girl accidentally spilled drink,
Then in a rage so unfriendly, and an action so inhumane,
He pushed her, hit her and went away,
She knelt begging, but he ignored her and drove off,
Then again, I found myself asking;
Can love to its own become adamant?
Can it turn out to be unforgiving, and unrepentant?

As I strolled down the sidewalk,
I witnessed a scene so unheard off;
A couple with much gaiety, hopped out of a mall with their son and into the car,
Attempting to drive off, without their son-they forgot him,
Then I found myself asking;
Can love develop a memory so full as to forgot its own,
Then for the last time I found myself asking;
Can love turn egocentric?
Can it become so eccentric?

No comments:

Post a Comment