Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

CAN LOVE GROW STALE?

As I walked through the serenity of the winter woods,
With the cold of the season chilling my face,
And as I looked at the leaves shivering in the cold,
I found myself asking;
Can love grow cold?
Like humans does it grow old?

As I plodded by a neighbor's cottage,
I heard the cry of a baby left unattended to and uncared for,
It cried until it passed out in sleep,
Then I found myself asking;
Like that crying baby left uncared for, and unattended to,
Can love grow stale?
Can it grow weary, go to sleep and turn pale?

As I looked out my window in this cold winter eve,
I saw a lad among his peers, looking cheerful and joyful,
Then he was suddenly pushed aside and in the cold, was left alone,
He loved, but was never loved,
Then I found myself asking;
Can love suddenly turn lonely?
Can it be treated in a manner so poorly?

No comments:

Post a Comment