Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

THE RAVAGES OF WAR

As I looked across the continents from my mind's eye,
Visualizing the globe with the vision of my soul,
I could see the destruction the Middle east is plagued with,
The turmoil that rages within Africa,
And the perplexity that grips our world,
So perciptible have these become to my senses,
That physical evidence became needless,

Considering the mass destruction of nuclear weapons,
The hunger and poverty that has become typical of the almost forgotten regions,
The outburst of epidemics and pandemics,
And the ever emaciating lives of the world's dark zones;
Supported on scrawny legs and characterized by bulging stomachs,
My heart bled for this gross negligence,
My spirit was crushed for this despicable injustice,

And as I hear and read of economic depressions ignited by warring nations,
The despondency, distress, and grief in which many now live,
The poor and helpless children whose hopes and future have been dashed,
And jeopardized by the ills of senseless battles,
And the social unrest and inter-ethnic crisis,
Precipitated by the onset of national uproars and international feuds,
Rivulets of tears rolled down my cheeks,
I could not help but weep for the ravages of war...

TO BE CONTINUED...
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment