Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

IF I TOLD THE TRUTH...

Lights, camera...
But wait! Not action, but deception,
I'm finally in the land of the rich and the beings of high position,
The stage is set,
The people's demands, I have met,
The crowd is cheering,
The fans are hailing;
They love me,
They want more, more of entertainment that is free,
Free of criticism, free of the truth, free of true reality,
They admire and adore my personality;
I feel like I'm on top of the world, so high,
I feel like an eagle, soaring the sky,
So I give them what they desire, they cheer,
I tell them what they want to hear, it's fair.
But on my inside, the truth lies, suppressed,
Within me, the light exists, oppressed,
So when the lights go off, and the cameras come off, behind closed doors,
The true content of my soul, I pour,
And I ask, "if I told the truth...?"

They told me I had to re-organize,
But they actually meant, I had to compromise,
I wanted fame and fortune,
They said I could, I was opportuned,
I wanted to be flash with so much cash;
To wine and dine with the wealthy at every bash,
They said I could, but I had to drop the reality,
Transform, and put on a new identity;
I desired control, influence and power,
They told me I could have it, with each passing hour,
All I had to do was to play along,
And show that I belonged,
Because in this land, the mirage is the real deal,
And the real deal is not so real,
But when night falls, and I fall into the deep,
Of my mind and spirit, lying asleep,
The truth stares me in the face,
And the light desires to take its place,
But then I ask, "if I told the truth...?"


TO BE CONTINUED...
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment