Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

LIFTED!

Once I was, wretched and impoverished,
Wallowing in the valley of penury and despair,
Groping through the dark worlds of oblivion,
Almost a non-entity to the surrounding world,
And insignificant in the eyes of my generation,

Then, as I sat in the mud of loneliness and lay by the streams of hopelessness,
Unaware of my life's direction, and ignorant of my purpose,
I beheld as though in a vision,
An eagle in its infancy upon the sun-baked mountains,
Striving to weather the gust of the wind and the tempest of the waters, yet unsuccessful,
In its first attempt, it fell to the rugged mountains in a crash almost snapping its wings,
And loosing its feathers, but it remained determined,

After series of failed attempts,
I watched in wonder, respect and admiration, this infant bird soar and glide,
Through the open air in comfort; drawing its courage and determination from within,
Then it dawned on me, it became clearer to my understanding,
That deep within me lay the treasures for which to the mountains I gaze, and across the skies mope,
Deep within me was my purpose, and the key to unlock the doors of glory and the gates of divinity...

TO BE CONTINUED
Copyright Lysious

No comments:

Post a Comment