Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

IF I TOLD THE TRUTH...II

Now I'm finally initiated, I'm totally made;
And yes, they kept to their words-I get paid,
Everywhere I go, the people scream my name,
Oh! I'm loving every bit of this fame,
With each passing day, I do the people's bid; so I rise,
And with every chance, I speak the people's language; so I'm wise,
I have them in my hands-with the words I speak, they're mesmerized,
Like a demi-god-with the lyrics I write, I'm idolized,
I have blended in, now a full part of the system,
I do what the system says, it runs in my system,
But in the darkness and silence, I see my elusiveness, like a shadow,
A simple camouflage living in a shadow,
So the truth cries to be heard,
And the light seeks to be shared,
But again I ask, "if I told the truth...?"

If I told the truth,
Will the people still love me?
If I told the truth,
Will they still invest in me?
If I told the truth,
Will the media still headline my story?
If I told the truth,
Will my fortune become history?
But the people desreve what they need, not what they want,
Or is that for me to decide?
Will my actions, my life, come to hunt?
Or is it my function to preside?
Isn't there more to life than this vanity?
Isn't there more to life than this drama?
Or is it all about prosperity?
Isn't there something like karma?
I'm still asking, if I told the truth,
What will happen?
To suffer the pain and let go off the gain,
Or to enjoy the gain and let go off the pain?
You be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment